Products and Services
BCA provides thousands of units of biological materials to clients each year. These products are either:
a) part of our planned inventory,
b) surplus of what is needed at any given time by the healthcare sector, or
c) collected specifically for a client per their specifications.
BCA utilizes its relationships with blood center members and non-member blood centers to provide products and services among and between them, as well as to third-party clients. Clients include:
• Clinical labs
• Pharamaceutical companies
• Biotech companies
• Cell therapy companies
• Diagnostic companies
• Device companies
• Testing companies
• Life science research organizations
Available BCA member products include:
- Blood. Red Blood Cells comprise the vast majority of transfused products across the nation. BCA’s network transfuses well over 20,000 units per day, totaling more than 6 million a year.
- Blood Products. Blood components such as plasma, platelets, and cryoprecipitate are also life-saving products inventoried by our BCA blood centers.
- Tissues. BCA brokers the acquisition and provision of tissues provided by members to Clients.
- Cells. Most BCA members have the infrastructure, experience, and expertise to provide a wide variety of cell fractions selected from blood or tissue they handle ranging from the simple to complex, involving a wide range of protocols and devices. Cell counts or other characterizations can often be performed on-site to ensure quality control per client specifications.
Blood and blood products are inventoried per typical specifications and volumes as described in the Circular of Information . Custom products can be collected and/or manufactured to meet client needs, specifications, protocols, and compliance requirements.
All tissues and cell fractions are provided unique per client specifications.
All products can be provided as research-grade materials or, where required, in compliance with clinical-grade, cGMP regulatory standards. All BCA Blood Centers hold required FDA and state licenses, many hold various voluntary accreditations by AABB, FACT, and AATB, and several comply with relevant EU and ISO standards.
BCA also provides consulting services to clients needing assistance with respect to the acquisition of biological materials and/or their distribution and associated logistics.